Friday, June 5, 2009

Night 1 - Texarkana, Arkansas

Howdy all! We are just over 200 miles into our trip. We found out Wednesday evening that Lester's brother was going to be out-of-town and we would have to reroute just a bit. Thus we have stopped in Texarkana. Today's drive was simply that. A drive. We did stop at the Texarkana Elks Lodge and got reaquainted with some old friends, Butch and Ray. Tomorrow we will head towards Mena, Arkansas and the Talimena Scenic By-way (Highway 1) with a possible ending point for the day in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

The highlight of today was the great hair chopping event! I had a contest at work and one of my students got the opportunity to cut my hair at our final assembly. It was great fun and more than twenty inches of hair is now on the way to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. In the morning I will be trusting Lester to fix the do.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I want a close-up of you without the hair. I think that was a marvelous idea and that you killed two birds with one stone! Way to go.

    There are some fantastic state parks in Michigan around those lakes. Check them out.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete