Thursday, June 25, 2009

June 25 - Racine to Elkhart

We left Racine about 11:30 this morning heading to Indiana. We took a side trip through downtown Chicago. Lester was wanting to see the Jerry Springer studio at the NBC Tower. Unfortunately tours are not part of usual events there. We did get his picture with a picture of Jerry though! I thoroughly enjoyed the trip through Chicago, Lester less so as the motorcycle gets very hot in city traffic. We are currently at a hotel in Elkhart, Indiana. Tomorrow we plan to play golf at the local Elks Lodge, then head to Warsaw. We have camping in mind for a couple of days and may be out of touch during that time. Today's pictures (culled from 115 snapshots):

Can you guess why I took this picture at the oasis/rest area along the tollway heading to Chicago? First person to guess correctly and leave a comment with the answer (just click on word comment at the end of this blog entry) will get a prize!

A very small building between the road and the railroad tracks in Chicago.

A cyclist attaches his bike to the front of a bus. Is this responsible commuting or what?!?

Typical downtown Chicago street scene: cars, pedestrians, and train.

Theater district. Think I will revisit Chicago someday with a different purpose!

NBC Tower on Columbus Street.

Lester and Jerry. 'Nuf said.....

I like this picture!

The bridge out of Chicago. I've taken many bridge pictures so far. This is one of the few that turned out halfway decent.

16 comments:

  1. All I got was it was pointing the wrong direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it! Golda took my answer... Guess I should have had nothing to do at 6:43 am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally didn't post that at 6:44am, it was more like 10:44ish. I have a second guess though, the compass has something to do with geocaching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My guess is that heading "west" on the tollway is actually heading north by the compass, and "east" is south. Or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But a hint would be a dead giveaway! Oh okay...but there is someone out there who has not read this yet who I know can get it without a hint!

    Hint: What is my job?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because you are odd?

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG - I was totally going to say it was pointing to a library! And that was before reading the hint!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trent said because: 1.Because "it is a compass" 2."That is the direction they are heading." 3. "Geoching site and she found a prize that you will be sending to the winner." 4. Not going to post guess #4 5."Because it matched the tattoo on my [his] back"

    *Obviously did not give him your hint.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great guesses but.....keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Was it a compass used/talked about in a book? Or used in a movie that was made from a book?

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's like your trip going in all directions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good guess dad! BUT.....keep guessing!

    ReplyDelete