Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1 - From Charleston to Elkins, West Virginia

After stopping in for a photo shoot at Dale's restaurant we headed towards Elkins, West Virginia. We intended to go beyond Elkins and possibly camp but the weather had other plans. Almost as soon as we had our things in the motel room the sky broke and it rained for the best part four hours. Restaurants that deliver are a godsend! This was the only day that we kept mostly to major highways to date. Although the mountains are beautiful, freeways do tend to get boring. Can't pull out a book like I can when traveling by truck! Today's pictures (a few others will be loaded to facebook.com):

Another bridge picture with river. I like rivers.

The long and winding road.

Our baby gets a shower.

4 comments:

  1. Just so you know, I'm putting together a spreadsheet of possible things to do while you guys are here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh! you should then turn it into a decision matrix! we actually did those all the time in my business classes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! It is hard to figure what to do at each place. There is so much to do and so little time. I love getting ideas from others!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love decision matrices! Jeremy's boss was talking about them the other day and I got really excited - usually people don't know what they are. And my spreadsheet is kind of like a decision matrix cuz i have columns for price, hours, etc.

    ReplyDelete