Thursday, August 22, 2013

Mrs. O'Leary's Cow

I think I have been fascinated with Chicago ever since I was a child.  The city that made a comeback after being burned to the ground because a cow kicked a lantern.  I know that may not be true but it sure does make good story.

July 30th was my birthday and I wanted to spend the night in Chicago.  Lester said what his baby wants his baby gets!  We had a great time staying in downtown Chicago at the Inn of Chicago.  It's an old hotel located on the Magnificent Mile.  We ate an Armenian restaurant across the street from the hotel sitting near the window so we could people watch.  After dinner we took a taxi to a comedy club just past Wrigley Field.  We got there late and missed most of the show.  It was a free show so that was okay.  What we did see was good.  I laughed so hard at one point I almost couldn't stop. The show was called Sketch Test. They were actually testing their material/sketches before a small audience for feedback.  I'm sure they will keep one part in their show!



No comments:

Post a Comment