Friday, July 19, 2013

Louisiana!


We have had so much fun since here in Louisiana there has not been time to write in the blog!  On the way to Betsy and Trent’s house I broke out the new camera and took what felt like a million pictures of the beautiful clouds.  It gave me good practice with the camera even if it is a simple one.



We had planned to spend our first night in state at a hotel but change our minds so that we would have more time with Betsy.  She has a busy schedule between nursing and classes.  When we arrived no one was at home!  Just a bit of bad timing as they all arrived shortly but it was funny.


Thursday, we took the grandkids, Madison and Logan (Logan is visiting from Kansas) on a boat ride.   My second favorite thing to do in Louisiana is to ride the rivers, bayous, and canals.  My favorite thing of course is to visit family.  Despite rain the first half hour or so we had a great time and even got to see several alligators.







Today I needed an indoors day so we did a little shopping, took in a movie, went bowling, and played a bit at an arcade……and totally forgot to take pictures!  Had too much fun to even think about pictures.  I did get a nice bit of video of Madi dancing at the mall though…..

[Videos to come.....the don't seem to want to upload tonight! Also a link to more picture on shutterfly.]

4 comments:

  1. I watch Swamp People every season and i would love to see the bayous etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so beautiful and serene. I feel like I can float through there forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FYI there is still movie candy in our fridge! (Score)

    ReplyDelete