Sunday, August 16, 2009

Slowing down

I've been asked to continue this blog, so I guess I'll give it try, although our travels have slowed down.

We did go to a chili cookoff this weekend near Wills Point, Texas. No pictures though. I cooked chili. Lester cooked our lunch. We had a great time even though I did not place. Out of 32 chili's I came in somewhere in the bottom 19th to 32nd place. Chili tasted okay, just not good enough for the cut. Not surprising, I just dumped and poured this time. I only have one point this chili year (October 1 - September 30). We have only cooked 3 or 4 times now this year. Mostly we cook for fun and to donate to whatever the charity of the day is. This time it was the Myrtle Springs Volunteer Fire Department. Of course placing is fun too.

Since the beginning of April we have gone out of town all but four weekends. This coming weekend Lester will fish and I get to stay home! Then we head to Michigan for daughter #4's wedding. You can bet we'll have pictures for that trip! Meanwhile, the alarm is set as I prepare to head back to work tomorrow. Lester will be celebrating not being joined at the hip anymore at the golf course. Something is not right about that!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you have posted again. I love reading about your travels and just about life in general.

    ReplyDelete